Saturday, March 1, 2008

Morning Surprise

I woke up this morning to an overcast rainy sky. I walked outside in my whale pajama shorts ( yes whales ) and sweatshirt to test the temperature. A little chilly, for California that is, and drizzly. I saw a red flower spotted with water droplets that was just asking, no begging, for its picture to be taken. I ran inside and grabbed my camera with the macro lens I had rented the day before from Calumet. I started shooting the little flower trying to capture the detail of the water sitting on the petals. I saw something brownish, and figuring it was just a dead leaf went to flick it off. Right before I went into a full flick I stopped and realized that the leaf had little antenna type things. A Slug! What a wonderful little morning gift to photograph. I made friends with the slug and took a few pictures.









2 comments:

liz williams said...

Those slug and flower photos are so amazing. Damn, you is good.

SWITCH™ said...

very nice.