Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Camera!

I got a new camera! I have been searching for a 4x5 field camera so I can be more mobile when I shoot. When I started shooting large format a few months ago I did not like it. It seemed so complicated and on top of that I had to put a black cloth over my head to even see through the ground glass to compose a picture. Soon enough I was comfortable with how to use it, the swing, tilt, rise, and fall all made perfect sense. I could do a wrap around focus, or have everything in focus- So many options and so much fun! I fell in love *sigh*. The one downfall with the camera I am renting is that it is a Studio camera which means it is heavy and hard to lug around. So that is why I have been searching for the perfect field camera- A smaller version of the studio camera that folds up and weighs next to nothing. The camera I found is made out of a beautiful cherry wood and is in wonderful shape. It came with three lenses and I got a great deal on it. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to go adventuring with it yet but as soon as I do I will post the outcome. Here are a few pictures- Christie helped me take some of me and the camera, and yes they are supposed to be making fun of all those cheesy shots of photographers and their cameras.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

it's beautiful!!! where did you find it, love?

Unknown said...

you're soooo awesome!! i'm 'jealous' like for real

John

ba-KAW said...

!