Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Small Cut

A few weeks ago I was given an interesting assignment. I had to make a photograph entitled "The Small Cut". This photograph was meant to be a psychological/theatrical portrait and the only restriction (other then the title) was to make it vertical. So the small cut...hmm cut cut cut- Scissors, Band-Aids, stitches, hospital, C Section... I began by writing down words related to cut. I found that there were a few different directions I could go. Some ideas were too obvious, and some were too out there. After knocking ideas back and forth with a friend The Small Cut was discovered. If it were a movie, it would fall into the genre of Dark Comedy. Try to find the humor in it. Im sure you all remember Lorena Bobbit, well here she is as the inspiration to The Small Cut.

1 comment:

Micael said...

oh he doesn't look that small...