Friday, June 6, 2008

Im Back!

You are probably wondering why it has been so long since I have posted, and to tell you the truth... I don't know! Every time I sat down to type or post pictures I got stuck. I didn't know what I wanted to say, or what pictures I wanted to post. It's kind of where I am in life right now...I just don't know! Anyway I could go on and on about this, so Im going to cut myself off.

I am back in California after an incredible trip to Italy and then back home to Massachusetts. It was filled with laughter, love, amazing people and good food- I couldn't have asked for anything more. At some point I will post pictures from Italy so hang with me here. School is in full swing and summer has arrived- The beach has been calling my name, but I haven't had a chance to pay it a good visit yet. Soon!

This week was the first time I have ever shot with a medium format camera. I was shooting with the famous Hasselblad camera. This old camera (company established in 1841), is still widely used by professional and serious amateur photographers because of the superior image quality of 6x6cm size rollfilm over smaller film and digital sensor formats. It was uncomfortable and tricky at first, but after i got the feel for it I started to adjust- I'm excited to play some more. We are also shooting color film this term which is a good changed from black and white, even though I do love b&w. Here are a few shots from the Hasselblad.




No comments: