Sunday, February 24, 2008

Freeways and Rainbows

I am new to all this blog stuff so hang with me here for the first few posts. I really just wanted a place that I could share my photographs and thoughts with everyone in my life. Enjoy!

Today I went to see "Almost, Maine" at the Colony Theater in Burbank. It is a play about the residents of a mythical town called Almost, Maine (so far North its almost in Canada), who are falling in and out of love in unexpected, unusual, and often hilarious ways. For those of you who don't know me well, I was born in Forest City, a small town in Northern Maine, right on the border of Canada. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see a play about a town that sounds quite familiar. It was a good production, funny and entertaining- a bit cheesy at points, but over all I enjoyed it.


http://www.colonytheatre.org/main.html

As I drove home on the 5, the slightly sunny sky clouded over and the rain started to come hammering down on the roof of my car. Five minutes later the rain lightened up and the sun began to break through the clouds. All of a sudden I saw a rainbow- a rainbow in Los Angeles?! But it doesn't rain in LA! Really I swear, I saw a rainbow. It was one of the most saturated, bright rainbows I have ever seen, and it ended right on the freeway in front of me. I dug through my bag and found my little point and shoot camera and while driving I shot away trying to capture this experience. The rainbow doubled, one on top of the other and as I drove through the end I admit, I scanned the road for a pot of gold. Unfortunately it must have already been found. Here are a few of the pictures (They don't quite do it justice).







No comments: